Thursday, November 27, 2008

You're the man...

Ahhh....
In languid repose I concentrate on you.
My leitmotif? My friend,
concentrate,
on you... who is missing.

Missing...well,
the you without the chuff,
without the bags strapped too heavy to you,
the you without the gnashed tooth...before the rootfull remorse.

Concentrate on you ...
I call back the harmony of your companionship
the prelude to this... absent status....lost language.

“How beautiful your smile” was my introduction.
Interval that struck a thousand chords.
Struck indefinite chords.
The smile strikes me softly
a wave against my cheek
curving my lips.

Easy eyes of agreeable glares,
I look in at the amiableness and esteem you,
never notating the slight impiety present.

Lies, lies, lies, I lay aside for now...
for you, for you my friend.

I feel your long limbs from across the room.
Arms, legs, fingers, toes, yes even those,
even your toes.
I feel them, respect them, respect you...
beautiful, to long limbs.

Your absence, it has crescendo-doe-doed
you punish with it,
and smile your secret smile
as reproach.
Such orations, silly monkey!

Needless distance confounds gentle hurt,
gentle heart!
This is not a requiem mass,
I am not the pope,
not the Papess either, well...
“kiss this ring, you FOOLS!”
Kiss me you fools...
like a brother.

I seriously think ‘bout you
my my my, dear friend!
Not enough...is your short time.
I think seriously ‘bout your gentle company.
Let us be gentle again,
heated time is cooled,
let us be gentle again.

My, dear, Dear, let us languidly repose for a while
a short while, a long while...
and concentrate on...
stars that pass through branches
on...sound waves that echo in the distance
on...mundaneness, or extraordinariness,
you decide...you're the man.

My dear, Dear, let not my fierceness frighten you.
I am a force of nature
this is my forte,
yes, I did say forte...
I am some kind of force...
let it be.
In your nature you understand,
you say you can understand,
Well, we’ll, let it be.
Counterpoint to Counterpoint.

Dear brother, I admire your beauty,
don't mean, the skin
don't mean, the bones,
not the meat and gristle...
well, of course that...
but, more so, the beyond,
beyond, the beyond.
all of it...a rhapsody of you.

Ah, you speak...My friend, my brother,
my my my...
missing person.
You speak to me.
All is well again,
and there is music, strange music.
A symphony, a symphony...
I repose sitting up, concentrating on you...
my dear friend...
you've been missed.